Possibly the best use of our Netflix account is watching TV series that we enjoy without having to wait a week between episodes. Kate and I finished watching Freaks and Geeks a couple of weeks ago, and really enjoyed it. It is one of many cancelled shows that we seem drawn to.
In an attempt to post something with actual WORDS, I’ve put together the following list of canceled shows that you should check out (in your gobs of free time). Keep in mind this list is limited to those shows that really got cut off prematurely (2-3 seasons, max), which is why Buffy and Angel don’t make the cut.
- Firefly – I’ve written about it before, and it still remains number one on my list of “quality shows that shouldn’t have been canceled.”
- Freaks and Geeks – Quality characters, great dialogue, and the typical high-school situations that everybody can relate to.
- Arrested Development. – This show was gut-bustingly funny. Rumors of an Arrested Development movie are making the rounds, but it just won’t be the same.
- Wonderfalls – A quirky show from the mind of Bryan Fuller. Caroline Dhavernas (as Jaye) deserves another prime-time shot. She’s hysterical.
- Pushing Daisies – A quirky show from the mind of Bryan Fuller. Do you sense a theme here? This is the most recently deceased show on the list. Lee Pace (who also starred in Wonderfalls) leads a stellar cast in a high-budget show that was only recently cancelled.
I’m a glutton for punishment. There’s nothing like getting sucked into a show with nothing to look forward to after the first (or second) season comes to a close. Use the comments to recommend your favorite canceled show.